Landscape is a web-based tool for managing Ubuntu systems. This package
is necessary if you want your machine to be managed in a Landscape
account. This package provides the Landscape client and requires a
Landscape client is the agent for the Landscape administration system.
This subordinate charm is intended to be used to register a machine against a
running Landscape server. Configuration needs to be supplied or it won't do
anything. Here is a simple config.yaml to register against the hosted version of
landscape-client: account-name: <account_name_here> registration-key: <registration_key_here> tags: <csv_tag_list>
The following is a version if you need to customize the communication URL in
case you are running against a dedicated version of Landscape (LDS). This
version also sets Script exection, and allows landscape to become any user
(even root), to execute scripts:
landscape-client: account-name: standalone registration-key: 128-qosk-7382 tags: laptop,precise,developer ping-url: http://landscape.example.com/ping url: https://landscape.example.com/message-system script-users: ALL include-manager-plugins: ScriptExecution
Landscape client has a number of configuration options available allowing
customizability into a variety of environments where resources may be scarce
or security may be a concern. The most useful and common options are documented
To get more detail on options, these correlate directly to configuration
settings on landscape-client itself. (landscape-client(1),
account-name: Name of the account to register against in the hosted version
of Landscape. In the dedicated version of Landscape (LDS), this will always be
registration-key: The account registration key, found in the Landscape account
tags:Comma separated list of tags to apply to the computer once it is
url: The server url to connect to, will usually be https and end with
ping-url: If the server url is specified, ping-url should also be specified.
Will usually be http and end with /ping
include-manager-plugins: This option is primarily used to enable the
ScriptExecution plugin, which allows arbitrary scripts to be executed on the
script-users: Comma-separated list of users that the landscape client can
become to execute scripts. Keyword "ALL" can be used to include all users on the
ssl-public-key: If needed, use this to give the client the CA certificate it
should use to verify the server certificate it is connecting to.
When registering the client against a server with a custom or not well known
CA, you will need to use the ssl-public-key option. To insert the certificate
contents into the charm config directly, just encode it in base64.
For example, let's assume ca.pem is a file with the CA certificate the client
needs to use to verify the server:
cat ca.pem | openssl base64 -e > ca.encoded
Now insert the ca.encoded contents into the charm config, like this:
landscape-client: url: .... ping-url: .... ssl-public-key: | base64:<insert-here- contents-of-ca.encoded>... ... ...
Author: Landscape Team email@example.com
Report bugs at: http://bugs.launchpad.net/charms/+source/landscape-client/+filebug
- (string) The account this computer belongs to.
- (string) The directory to store data files in (default: '/var/lib/landscape/client/').
- (int) The number of seconds between server exchanges.
- (string) The URL of the HTTP proxy, if one is needed.
- (string) The URL of the HTTPS proxy, if one is needed.
- (string) A comma-separated list of manager plugins to load, in addition to the default ones.
- (string) The directory to write log files to (default: '/var/log/landscape').
- (string) One of debug, info, warning, error or critical.
- (string) A comma-separated list of monitor plugins to use. ALL means use all plugins.
- (string) Origin of ppa or private deb repository from which to install landscape-client. May be one of the following: distro (default), ppa:somecustom/ppa or a full APT url source entry with optional key. For example: deb https://firstname.lastname@example.org/myrepo precise main|YOURAPTKEY" Also supported is a public branch like lp:~landscape/landscape-client/trunk
- (int) The number of seconds between pings.
- (string) The ping server URL to perform lightweight exchange initiation with. Normally http://fqdn/ping.
- (string) The account-wide key used for registering clients.
- (string) A comma-separated list of users to allow scripts to run. To allow scripts to be run by any user, enter: ALL
- (string) The CA certificate to verify the server certificate with. This can be a path to a file, or a base64 encoded entry of the certificate itself, prefixed with "base64:". This config is only used if the message server URL given above starts with https.
- (string) Comma separated list of tag names to be sent to the server.
- (int) The number of seconds between urgent server exchanges.
- (string) The message server URL to connect to. Normally https://fqdn/message-system.