Cinder is a storage service for the Openstack project.
It provides the tools for creating volume backups.
. This charm enables backups (in swift) as an add-on
- miscellaneous ›
This charm provides the Cinder backup feature for Cinder OpenStack volumes.
It is intended to be used alongside the other OpenStack components,
starting with the Icehouse release.
This charm was developed as Cinder subordinate to support volumes backup.
It's been tested in Icehouse on Ubuntu Trusty.
The following assumes Cinder charm is already deployed.
Basic, all-in-one using local storage and iSCSI
This is ideal for small-scale deployments or testing:
cat >cinder-backup.cfg <<END cinder-backup: backup-swift-url: http://*SWIFT_VIP:8080/v1/AUTH_ END juju deploy --config=cinder-backup.cfg cinder-backup juju add-relation cinder cinder-backup
The default value for most config options should work for most deployments.
Users should be aware of the following default option:
backup-swift-container: Allows Cinder to upload backups on a specific swift
container that has to be previously created. ie: swift post volumebackups
- (string) Compression algorithm (None to disable)
- (string) Driver to use for backups. Options - ceph, swift, tsm
- (string) Swift authentication mechanism
- (int) Swift authentication version. Specify "1" for auth 1.0, or "2" for auth 2.0
- (string) The default Swift container to use
- (string) Swift key for authentication
- (int) The size in bytes of Swift backup objects
- (int) The number of retries to make for Swift operations.
- (int) The backoff time in seconds between retrying failed Swift operations.
- (string) The URL of the Swift endpoint. ie - http://localhost:8080/v1/AUTH_
- (string) Swift user name