Bono charm for Project Clearwater
- misc ›
Bono should only be deployed alongside the other Project Clearwater charms and a DNS server - see our main Juju README for instructions on this, including a bundle that makes this deployment simple.
The Bono service should be initially deployed as part of a Clearwater bundle, following the instructions in our main README.
Note that the clearwater-bono charm can only be deployed on the
amd64 architecture (although the provided bundle already enforces this constraint).
Scale out Usage
clearwater-bono can be scaled up through the normal Juju mechanism of
juju add-unit clearwater-bono.
This will create a new Bono instance, and trigger the DNS server charm to add a DNS record for this Bono. (Unlike Sprout, Homestead, Homer and Ralf nodes, Bono nodes don't have a shared datastore, so don't need any cluster configuration.)
Once installed, Bono will listen for SIP traffic on port 5060 (both TCP and UDP). Once you have created a SIP subscriber through the Ellis UI, you can use a standard SIP client (e.g. Blink, Boghe or X-Lite) to register against Bono's public IP (which you can find with
juju status clearwater-bono) and make calls.
Our "Making your first call" documentation has more information on this process.
zone:The home domain of this IMS deployment - this could be a real domain that you own, or an internal-only name like "clearwater.local".
repo: The URL of the Clearwater package repository server. Our latest relese, updated roughly every two weeks, is at http://repo.cw-ngv.com/juju-clearwater-2.
sas: (optional) The location of a Metaswitch SAS server for diagnostics and call flows.
trusted_peers: (optional) Comma-separated list of IP addresses of trusted peers, for when Bono is used as an IBCF rather than a P-CSCF.
repo configuration options should be consistent across all Clearwater nodes in the deployment.
When the charm is being installed, several files are downloaded:
- Our standard Chef setup scripts, checked out from https://github.com/Metaswitch/chef.
- The Bono Debian packages, from our package repository server at repo.cw-ngv.com.
- Any dependencies of those Debian packages, from the standard Ubuntu repository servers.
Contact and Upstream Project Information
Clearwater source code and issue list can be found at https://github.com/Metaswitch/. Bono's source code can be found at https://github.com/Metaswitch/sprout/.
- (string) The location of the CDF to bill to
- (string) The location of the repo server
- (string) The location of the SAS server
- (int) Target request latency for overload control (microseconds)
- (string) Comma-separated list of IP addresses of trusted peers
- (string) TURN workaround password, used by faulty WebRTC clients
- (string) The DNS root zone for this service