The blackbox exporter allows blackbox probing of endpoints over HTTP, HTTPS, DNS, TCP and ICMP.
- monitoring ›
Juju prometheus Blackbox exporter charm
The charm should be related to the prometheus charm
To configure the blackbox exporter
modules use the charm's
modules config option.
As an example, if you store your exporter config in a local file called
you can update the charm's configuration using:
juju config prometheus-blackbox-exporter firstname.lastname@example.org
To confirm configuration was set:
juju config prometheus-blackbox-exporter
This directory needs to be create in the charm path prior to testing
mkdir -p report/lint
To avail of the metrics in grafana the following steps can be used
juju deploy grafana juju deploy prometheus2 juju add-relation prometheus-blackbox-exporter:scrape prometheus2:target juju add-relation prometheus-blackbox-exporter:dashboards grafana:dashboards
To setup reporting with nagios
juju deploy nrpe juju add-relation prometheus-blackbox-exporter:nrpe-external-master nrpe:nrpe-external-master
Change or update dashboards
# To provide your own dashboards, create a zip file and attach it as a resource zip grafana-dashboards.zip blackbox-simple.json blackbox-advanced.json juju attach-resource prometheus-blackbox-exporter dashboards=./grafana-dashboards.zip
- (string) Blackbox exporter configuratin in raw YAML format
- http_2xx: prober: http timeout: 10s tcp_connect: prober: tcp timeout: 10s icmp: prober: icmp timeout: 10s
- (string) A string that will be prepended to instance name to set the host name in nagios. So for instance the hostname would be something like: juju-myservice-0 If you're running multiple environments with the same services in them this allows you to differentiate between them.
- (string) Comma separated list of nagios servicegroups
- (string) If install_method is set to "snap" this option controlls channel name. Supported values are: "stable", "candidate", "beta" and "edge"
- (string) DEPRECATED. Use snap-http-proxy and snap-https-proxy model configuration settings. HTTP/HTTPS web proxy for Snappy to use when accessing the snap store.
- (string) DEPRECATED. Use snap-store-proxy model configuration setting. The address of a Snap Store Proxy to use for snaps e.g. http://snap-proxy.example.com
- (string) How often snapd handles updates for installed snaps. The default (an empty string) is 4x per day. Set to "max" to check once per month based on the charm deployment date. You may also set a custom string as described in the 'refresh.timer' section here: https://forum.snapcraft.io/t/system-options/87