Nuage VSC provides a highly scalable, high availability, high performance SDN controller for network virtualization of data centers. . This charm is used to configure the VSC node as a VM inside a KVM machine orchestrated by Juju and is used to control the Nuage VRS.
The principle use of this charm is with the Nuage VRS and Nuage VSD components. The VSC Charm orchestrates the deployment of the controller component of the VSP solution (VSC) within an OpenStack deployment .
This charm should be used with other principle charms to configure and control the data-path service units configured using the Nuage VRS Charms
NOTE: this charm relies on binaries that are distributed to customers of Nuage Networks VSP solution.
======= The VSC service is deployed as a KVM virtual machine. The VSC repository: The VSC VM (.qcow) image and its VM definition file are provided either as a payload or as an URL to customers to download and deploy on Juju machines.
This VSC VM image must be placed either in the 'payload' folder within the charm or as part of a valid repository URL prior to deployment. The charm expects to find the image; if they are missing the install hook will error out.
The charm will use the VSC image and VM definition xml specified and deploy it on a kvm.
juju deploy nuage-vsc juju add-relation nuage-vsc nuage-vsd
VSC VM (KVM) Configuration
The VSC service VM is required to have a minimum of 4GB of memory and a minimum of 4 cores.
The VSC VM management IP address is a static IP address and is a configuration parameter of the VSC charm. In a MaaS deployment this IP address must be obtained from the IP range defined for the MaaS DHCP configuration.
The following nuage-vsc charm configuration parameters are required: vsc-vm-ip-address: "IP Address of the VSC VM" vsc-vm-default-gw: "Gateway that your VSC-VM will use to talk to other services in juju env like nauge-vsd vsc-vm-dns-server: "DNS Server which will be used to reslove the DNS for VSD-VM IP." vsc-vm-subnet-mask-length: "Length of the subnet mask for the VM IP" vsc-repository-url: "URL to get the Nuage VSC image. Basically this tar file contains three files: vsc.xml,vsc.qcow2 and bof.cfg"
Known Limitations and Issues
MaaS 1.7 API does not yet support the API to obtain an IP address from the IP range defined for the MaaS DHCP configuration.
This charm only support deployment with OpenStack Icehouse or better.
755 Ravendale Drive
Mountain View CA 94043 email@example.com
- (string) Optional: vsc password.
- (string) Optional: vsc user name
- (string) Optional: Bridge you want to use for VSC-VM
- (string) Optional: A image file name that is present in the payload or fetched directory to configure the VSC image on KVM
- (string) URL to get the Nuage VSC image( This config option is required ) .
- (string) Optional: A vm definition file template name that is present in the templates directory to configure the VSC image on KVM
- (string) Gateway for the VSC VM. Gateway that your VSD-VM will use to reach to other services in juju env like nauge-vsd ( This config option is required )
- (string) Optional: VSC VM disk size in G
- (string) DNS Server which will be used to resolve the DNS for VSD-VM IP.( This config option is required )
- (string) IP Address of the VSC VM ( This config option is required )
- (string) Optional: Memory for VSC VM
- (string) Length of the subnet mask for the VSC VM IP ( This config option is required )
- (string) Optional: Domain name for the XMPP cluster overrides relation_changed hook. This is the DNS name associated withthe VSD IP. Only used when nuage-vsd is deployed outside of juju env