Nova Cells functionality allows you to scale an OpenStack Compute cloud
in a more distributed fashion without having to use complicated
technologies like database and message queue clustering. It is intended
to support very large deployments.
. This charm deploys Nova Cells as part of a Juju deployed OpenStack Cloud.
Cells functionality allows an OpenStack Compute cloud to be scalled in a more
distributed fashion without using complicated technologies like database and
message queue clustering. It is intended to support very large deployments.
This charm allows distinct cells to be setup with each cell having its own
nova-cloud-controller, database and rabbit servers. The cells are then related
together into parent and child relation with the top most cell being the api
cell which has no compute resource.
- Neutron is not cell aware and it requires its own database and message broker.
- Due to bug #1348103 nova-compute should be deployed with vif_plugging_timeout set > 0
- Message broker SSL is currently not supported
Child cells can optionally have children themselves:
api | ---------------------- | | | child1 child2 child3 | | ------------- | | child20 child21
Where a cell sits in the topology is decided by its juju relation with other
cells. For the example above the following cell relations exist:
- (string) Type of cell, either "compute" or "api"
- (string) Database name
- (string) Username for database access
- (boolean) Enable debug logging
- (string) Repository from which to install. May be one of the following: distro (default), ppa:somecustom/ppa, a deb url sources entry, or a supported Cloud Archive release pocket. Supported Cloud Archive sources include: cloud:precise-folsom, cloud:precise-folsom/updates, cloud:precise-folsom/staging, cloud:precise-folsom/proposed. Note that updating this setting to a source that is known to provide a later version of OpenStack will trigger a software upgrade.
- (string) Username used to access rabbitmq queue
- (string) Rabbitmq vhost
- (boolean) If set to True, supporting services will log to syslog.
- (boolean) Enable verbose logging