Neutron is a virtual network service for Openstack, and a part of
Netstack. Just like OpenStack Nova provides an API to dynamically
request and configure virtual servers, Neutron provides an API to
dynamically request and configure virtual networks. These networks
connect "interfaces" from other OpenStack services (e.g., virtual NICs
from Nova VMs). The Neutron API supports extensions to provide
advanced network capabilities (e.g., QoS, ACLs, network monitoring,
. This charm provides the OpenStack Neutron Calico Agent, managing
L3 connectivity on nova-compute services.
- openstack ›
This subordinate charm provides the Neutron Calico configuration for a compute node.
Once deployed it takes over the management of the Neutron base and plugin configuration on the compute node.
For more information on Calico, check out the Project Calico homepage.
To deploy (partial deployment of linked charms only):
juju deploy rabbitmq-server juju deploy neutron-api juju deploy nova-compute juju deploy cs:~kubernetes/etcd juju deploy cs:~project-calico/neutron-calico juju add-relation neutron-calico nova-compute juju add-relation neutron-calico neutron-api juju add-relation neutron-calico rabbitmq-server juju add-relation neutron-calico etcd
When deploying at scale, you should optionally add a BGP route reflector:
juju deploy cs:~project-calico/bird juju add-relation neutron-calico bird
It should only be used with OpenStack Icehouse and above and requires a seperate neutron-api service to have been deployed.
- (string) Repository from which to install Calico packages. May be one of the following options: default, or ppa:somecustom/ppa. Note that this must be set before the 'install' hook runs.
- (boolean) Enable debug logging
- (boolean) Enable Calico's IPv6 support. Requires that all nodes with this charm installed on them have global scope IPv6 addresses.
- (string) Repository from which to install. May be one of the following: distro (default), ppa:somecustom/ppa, a deb url sources entry, or a supported Cloud Archive release pocket. Supported Cloud Archive sources include: cloud:<series>-<openstack-release> cloud:<series>-<openstack-release>/updates cloud:<series>-<openstack-release>/staging cloud:<series>-<openstack-release>/proposed For series=Precise we support cloud archives for openstack-release: * icehouse For series=Trusty we support cloud archives for openstack-release: * juno * kilo NOTE: this option must be set before install.
- (string) Username used to access RabbitMQ queue
- (string) RabbitMQ vhost
- (boolean) By default, all services will log into their corresponding log files. Setting this to True will force all services to log to the syslog.
- (boolean) Enable verbose logging