MySQL Router proxying communication between application clients and MySQL InnoDB Clusters.
The mysql-router charm provides a MySQL 8 Router; it proxies database requests from a principle application to a MySQL 8 InnoDB Cluster. MySQL Router handles cluster communication and understands the cluster schema.
It is a subordinate charm that is used in conjunction with the mysql-innodb-cluster charm. It is also used with a principle charm that supports the 'mysql-shared' interface. The current list of such charms can be obtained from the Charm Store (the charms officially supported by the OpenStack Charms project are published by 'openstack-charmers').
Important: The eoan series is the first series supported by the mysql-innodb-cluster and mysql-router charms. These charms replace the percona-cluster charm starting with the focal series.
The charm is deployed as a subordinate to a principle application and then related to the central mysql-innodb-cluster application:
principle charm A <---> mysql-router A <---> principle charm B <---> mysql-router B <---> mysql-innodb-cluster principle charm C <---> mysql-router C <--->
config.yaml for the full list of configuration options, along with
their descriptions and default values.
To deploy a MySQL 8 Router:
juju deploy mysql-router
Add a relation to a principle application (via the shared-db endpoint):
juju add-relation keystone:shared-db mysql-router:shared-db
Then add a relation to the mysql-innodb-cluster application (via the db-router endpoint):
juju add-relation msyql-router:db-router mysql-innodb-cluster:db-router
Scale out is accomplished by adding units to the principle application:
juju add-unit keystone
Note: If more than one mysql-router application is placed on the same machine the
base-portconfiguration option is needed to ensure non-conflicting TCP port numbers are used (the default is '3306').
This section lists Juju actions supported by the charm.
Actions allow specific operations to be performed on a per-unit basis. To
display action descriptions run
juju actions mysql-router. If the
charm is not deployed then see file
Please report bugs on Launchpad.
For general charm questions refer to the OpenStack Charm Guide.
- (int) Base port number for RW interface. RO, xRW and xRO will increment from base_port.
- (string) Repository from which to install. May be one of the following: distro (default), ppa:somecustom/ppa, a deb url sources entry, or a supported Ubuntu Cloud Archive e.g. . cloud:<series>-<openstack-release> cloud:<series>-<openstack-release>/updates cloud:<series>-<openstack-release>/staging cloud:<series>-<openstack-release>/proposed . See https://wiki.ubuntu.com/OpenStack/CloudArchive for info on which cloud archives are available and supported.
- (string) TLS CA to use to communicate with other components in a deployment. . __NOTE__: This configuration option will take precedence over any certificates received over the ``certificates`` relation.
- (string) TLS certificate to install and use for any listening services. . __NOTE__: This configuration option will take precedence over any certificates received over the ``certificates`` relation.
- (string) TLS key to use with certificate specified as ``ssl_cert``. . __NOTE__: This configuration option will take precedence over any certificates received over the ``certificates`` relation.
- (boolean) Setting this to True will allow supporting services to log to syslog.