Installs the Eclipse Che cloud editor with support for creating Juju Charms.
This Charm deploys the latest Eclipse Che with integration for developing Juju Charms from your browser. Eclipse Che is a Next-Generation IDE with a developer workspace server.
Your browser becomes your IDE, your workspaces are docker containers. All the development tools, dependencies and libraries are already installed in the workspace. The only thing you have to do is surf to the url and start coding. To top it all off, you get an in-browser terminal right into your workspace.
Choose from a number of ready-to-go workspaces or build your own using Docker containers.
Use the in-browser IDE to develop applications.
Use the full-featured in-browser commandline.
To deploy the Charm run
juju deploy cs:~tengu-team/eclipse-che.
Watch it being deployed using
watch -c juju status --color (close using ctrl-c).
Model Controller Cloud/Region Version
default mycontroller aws/us-east-1 2.0.2
App Version Status Scale Charm Store Rev OS Notes
eclipse-che active 1 eclipse-che local 2 ubuntu exposed
Unit Workload Agent Machine Public address Ports Message
eclipse-che/0* active idle 4 22.214.171.124 8080/tcp,32768-65535/tcp Ready
When Che is ready, expose the GUI with
juju expose eclipse-che and surf to http://CheIP:8080.
This software was created in the IDLab research group of Ghent University in Belgium. This software is used in Tengu, a project that aims to make experimenting with data frameworks and tools as easy as possible.
- Merlijn Sebrechts email@example.com
- (string) Space separated list of extra deb packages to install.
- (string) List of signing keys for install_sources package sources, per charmhelpers standard format (a yaml list of strings encoded as a string). The keys should be the full ASCII armoured GPG public keys. While GPG key ids are also supported and looked up on a keyserver, operators should be aware that this mechanism is insecure. null can be used if a standard package signing key is used that will already be installed on the machine, and for PPA sources where the package signing key is securely retrieved from Launchpad.
- (string) List of extra apt sources, per charm-helpers standard format (a yaml list of strings encoded as a string). Each source may be either a line that can be added directly to sources.list(5), or in the form ppa:<user>/<ppa-name> for adding Personal Package Archives, or a distribution component to enable.
- (string) The status of service-affecting packages will be set to this value in the dpkg database. Valid values are "install" and "hold".
- (string) Version of Eclipse Che to install. Must be one of the tags of the eclipse/che docker container. See: https://hub.docker.com/r/eclipse/che/tags/